Now what you have all been waiting for... The nautical nail art! The only thing I would change are the colors- a darker blue, red instead of pink, and no sparkles. But hey, I was on vacation and could only bring so many colors!
The polishes I used were:
- Essie Avenue Maintain (blue)
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Debut-tint (sparkle)
- Essie Bachelorette Bash (pink)
- It's So Easy Stripe Rite in white
I think this mani is easy enough that I don't need to show you a step by step tutorial, but some of you might want to know how to make a heart like the pink one. So this is how you do it.
First Method:
- Using a dotting tool, put two dots next to each other, touching in the middle.
- Connect the two dots and pull them down into a point.
- Touch up any imperfections.
Second Method:
- Use a dotting tool and make two lines angling down towards each other.
- Make sure you have a defined point at the bottom and rounded tops.
So now, as I promised a few posts ago, I have a swatch of another of my new Essies for you, and it's a really really good one!
Sorry about the weird picture, I forgot to take one and remembered only after I painted all my nails except this one!
Sorry about the weird picture, I forgot to take one and remembered only after I painted all my nails except this one!
Hopefully you guys enjoyed my sea-inspired nails! Follow my blog for cool nail ideas every few days. More Essie swatches are coming soon!
hey!! just saw your comment on my post from a few weeks ago. (sorry!!)
ReplyDeleteyour blog looks great!! this look is ADORABLE and you did a great job with the anchor!
i'm totally impressed with your picture quality, also. keep up the great work!! :D