Hi all, I know it's a little late for Fourth of July nails, but it's better late than never, right? So without further adieu, behold the red white and blue! (Did you see what I did there?)
P.S. If you are on a mobile device, I have noticed that the pictures look blurry, but if you just click on them, they become clear.
Ta da! It's definitely not perfect, but I think it is a cute idea. I love how the ring finger turned out!
I used the app PicCollage to cut around my hand and put in on a flag background. There was no hope of doing my right hand myself since I'm right handed so I had my friend do it. She did a great job but sadly I forgot to take a picture of that hand.
How I did it:
- Paint nails red.
- Use a striper brush, or if you're careful, the brush in the bottle, to paint a white stripe down the middle of your nail.
- Using the white, paint a french tip on the tips of your nails. Painting white down first makes the blue pop and allows for just one coat of blue.
- Then carefully use a small dotting tool to create little stars on the tips. If you have a star stamp or star shaped glitter, that would work fine too.
- On either side of the star, make two white dots.
- Finish with a top coat, and you're done!
Polishes I used:
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Red Carpet (red)
- It's So Easy Stripe Rite in white
- OPI Russian Navy (blue)
- Icing The Do-It-All (base and top coat)
So that's it folks! Maybe next year you can try this design. Sorry for the late post!
I was totally inspired by this blog to do my nails like this!
ReplyDelete