Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Behold the Bubbles!

Hey there, I'm excited to show you what I like to think of as a bubble manicure. It's fun and easy and everyone has the tools needed to recreate it. My favorite part about this manicure is that people think you have enough skill to paint tiny, perfect rings on your nails, but it's only an illusion. You'll find out how after the photos!


If you are on a mobile device, click on the pictures to make them appear more clearly.

See? Don't they look like bubbles? This can be done with any color combination you want, which is why I like it. One of my friends did a black base with different colored rings, and it looked awesome! 

These are the polishes I used:
  • Essie Sunday Funday (pink)
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear White On
  • Icing The Do It All base and top coat
Now for the big secret of how I did it:
  1. Apply base coat.
  2. Choose a color for the background of your nails.
  3. Using a dotting tool (if you don't have one you can use a bobby pin or toothpick), create dots of a different color.
  4. With a slightly smaller dotting tool, put dots of the background color on top of the other dots.
  5. Don't forget top coat!

As you can see, it's a very easy technique that looks more complicated than it actually is. Below is a picture from my Instagram, @letsbehappy16 





So now you can all rock a bubble mani of your own! I hope you enjoyed this post, and feel free to leave a comment below! 

1 comment: