Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mini Mosaic

Good morning everyone! Today's post is going to be crazy, colorful, and fun. My little cousin (11 years old) and I were looking around the app We Heart It and found this design. It reminded me of a tiny mosaic on your nails!

It's actually easier than it looks, and you will see why after the photo!

If you are on a mobile device, click on the picture to make it appear more clearly.

Sorry for the blurry picture on this one, but I think you can get the idea. The cool thing about this mani is you can do it with whatever colors you want. I think maybe a color theme would look nice, like blues, greys, and turquoises. 

So here is how I did it:
  1. Start with a base coat.
  2. Paint little blobs of each color all different shapes. I just used the brush from the bottle. 
  3. When the blobs are dry, use a white striper to trace at the edges of the blobs. I have found that it looks best when you use straight lines whenever possible.
  4. Dip a small paintbrush in nail polish remover or acetone and clean up around the nail.
  5. Finish with top coat and you're done!
See? Piece of cake! Now here are the polishes I used:

  • Nicole be OPI Back In My Gloria Days (dark purple on ring finger)
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mint Sorbet (mint green)
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away! (blue)
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Hot Magenta (lighter pink)
  • Nicole be OPI Stolen Kisses (darker pink/magenta)
  • Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Sun Kissed (orange)
  • Yellow is an unnamed polish.
  • It's So Easy Stripe Rite in white
  • Icing The Do It All base and top coat
So if you guys want a bold, crazy fun pattern to try on your nails, try this! 

I would love to hear what you think about this mani in the comments below! :) 





1 comment: